Thursday, December 4, 2008

ashamed that haven't voted till now

Dear Friends,

My name is Dhanjeet Jadeja and I was born in 1984. I'm 24 years old and am fairly ashamed of the fact that I haven't exercised my right to vote till now. I live in London. The Mumbai Terror attack has sent shock-waves and knee jerk reactions from most of the parts of the society.

Every time that we have any discussion between friends regarding anything related to the system and what are we doing about it, the question ends at "Do you vote?" or "Have you voted?". An eery silence always follows. People who know what I am talking about - know it.

While the people join hands, light candles and show unity in the country, lets decide to VOTE (http://www.eci.gov.in/forms/forms_Voters.asp)

I know that US Citizens can vote at their embassies even if they are overseas (http://www.fvap.gov/). I would like to explore the possibility of knowing whether similar model can be put in practice for us, as India has very large young population living outside currently.

http://www.jaagore.com

Rising..

Peace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Know what Jadeja,I too felt the same until an year ago since I have never voted.

Even after innumerable applications, my name is still to be included in our constituency voting list.
This time around, I am trying to get my name included through jaagore.com

But I already have a dillemma . Is there anyone out there worth our vote ? What hurts me is the fact that I will need to vote for the best among the worst.

And in India where votes are still demanded and segregated based on religion, region and cash, I am afraid that my vote would make almost no difference.

I am not trying to turn my face away from the responsibility. I will vote and I will do so after learning about the candidates fielded.
But what I am afraid is that its going to be a wasted effort